Monday, August 27, 2012

Entrée –Jim’s Pasta Bolognese


 
Story behind the recipe – Marco Tornetti, the hero of the romantic comedy P-town
Queen, is a chef. Small wonder that my romantic male lead would be handy in the kitchen.
Give me a man who cooks and I’m his. My husband, Jim, makes a great Bolognese sauce.
This is his recipe.

What you’ll need
- 2 28oz. cans of peeled plum tomatoes.
- 2T basil, 2T parsley, 2 t salt, 1t black pepper, 1t Italian seasoning
- 1lb. ground beef, 1lb ground pork
- 3oz pancetta, 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Grated fresh Romano cheese

Steps to the process
- Blend canned tomatoes in blender for five seconds. Put into large pot and turn heat on
low.
- Stir in basil, parsley, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning
- Cover bottom of large skillet in olive oil. Add onions & pancetta. Saute onions till golden
brown.
- Add garlic and brown quickly (thirty seconds or so)
- Add skillet mix to tomatoes.
- In same skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and add to tomatoes
- Brown ground pork. Drain and add to tomatoes.
- Heat sauce to a boil. Turn down to lowest possible heat and simmer for two hours.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta with a generous amount of fresh grated Romano.

Comments – The recipe makes enough to serves six to eight people or one hungry
Carbone family at a Sunday gathering. Leftovers freeze well if there are any. Enjoy.

Blurb from THE P-TOWN QUEEN – I’ll never make gnocchi again. Don’t get me wrong, I
like a nice gnocchi and I do it up pretty good, if I do say so myself. With just the right
balance of cream and garlic, it’s food for the angels as my Nona would have said. But
some foods, they have memories attached, and gnocchi, that’s a memory I’d just as soon
forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEO