Monday, August 27, 2012

Entrée - Shrimp Scampi


The story behind the recipe - For years we lived in Michigan where Halloween costumes
were always made or purchased with the thought they might have to fit over snow suits
and some of your prized possessions were your electric blanket and your snow blower.
When we retired, we went south, deep south, 20 miles from the gulf. It didn't take long to
adapt to the warm, sunny weather and the wonderful seafood. My husband loves shrimp,
especially scampi. But I couldn't find a recipe so I made my own. Kinda like my first
adventure into writing romance. I didn't like the books I read so I decided to write my
own. I've been writing romances ever since.

What you'll need
1/2 cup butter
4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
12 ounces of deveined and shelled raw shrimp

Steps in the process
- Melt butter in a 10" skillet.
- Add garlic cloves and simmer until lightly browned.
- Add celery seed, parsley, lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and gently stir, cooking over medium heat until shrimp curl, turn pink and
are no longer translucent, about three to five minutes depending on the size.
- Serve (up to four).

Comments - I've never used margarine for this recipe. I don't think they use anything but
butter to cook with here in the south. I serve our shrimp in a small, oval pottery dish with
a baked potato on the side but the shrimp can be served over cooked pasta or steamed
rice.

Blurb from ROSES FOR MY LADY - Intense, scholarly, big sister Meredith Ward is happy
to see her little sister off to a country party until she discovers a Valentine card outlining
plans for an elopement between her sister and the brother of an aristocrat. She leaves her
cottage to halt their plans only to run into trouble herself. Baron Gavin Sinclair learns late
one evening about his brother's plans to wed a most undesirable young woman. His
attempt to stop that union puts Meredith in his arms. Thinking she is the bride-to-be, he
holds her hostage never realizing it will be his heart he loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEO